Search

3 Most Important Things You Can Do For YOU Daily!

Being human, we tend to take care of everyone else first, and then circle around back to ourselves if we feel like there is time. They key word is, IF! Let's step in front of the mirror for a quick second (yes, go literally stand in front of the mirror). Look at that woman or man staring back at you, and ask yourself "when is the last time I took care of me?" Don't sugar coat it either, be honest, raw, and real.


Does that person in the mirror look tired? Have they let their weight get out of hand? Have they mentally and emotionally been putting their needs to the side, in order to help others and be a go to for others? Has this person forgotten about the best saying ever "TREAT YO SELF!?"


If you answered any of the questions above, let's wipe those tears, and do something about it! I am all for you helping, serving, and being an emotional support system for other people. But, what I am not for is you acting as though you are not worthy enough to take time daily for yourself. The way you prioritize or don't is a direct reflection of how you view yourself and the amount of worth you feel that you have. So, let's raise the value what do you say?


Here are 3 things I highly highly recommend (basically begging ) you to do daily, for YOU!


1. Personal Development- Personal Time


I would recommend starting your day this way. If that means waking up 15 minutes earlier, then that means waking up 15 minutes earlier. Take time to brew a cup of coffee, or tea, or sip on a glass of water whatever your personal preference is. Then dive into some sort of personal development. Something that is going to challenge you, stretch you, cause you to personally grow, something that will make you uncomfortable in the best of ways.


This can be a podcast, reading the Bible, reading a book, watching a video on YouTube, etc... Again, whatever you prefer to do. Take this time to also journal, pray, sing, again this is YOU time. No distractions (Instagram can wait). This is 15-30 minutes of YOU TIME!


2. Drink Water & Eat Like You Appreciate Yourself


Water may be one of the most underrated things daily. I used to HATE drinking water. I thought it was boring, not important, and to be honest I didn't want to have to pee all the time. But, once you realize how much our bodies NEED water, how much hydration can help with our energy, health, and skin you start to drink it. It is something that is really is to do, but also something really easy not to do. HYDRATE YO SELF!


That second statement might have hit a little different. The first time I saw it, I stopped dead in my tracks and thought "wow, how true and real is this!?" When you think about how you eat on a daily basis, does it say "I value my body, my health, and my self." OR does it say "I don't really care, appreciate, or take care of me." Please, fuel your body properly not just to achieve a certain look. It is bigger than a six pack or a flat stomach. It is about appreciating and valuing your body. Taking care of the one body that you have. Feeling great, being able to have a high quality of life, allowing for you to put more energy into your work, your relationships, your life!


I'm not saying you can't have juice or a soda here and there. I'm not saying cut out all sweets and you can never indulge in a food you love again. I will NEVER preach the all or nothing mentality. What I am saying is, take care of your body. Eat well for 90% of the time and the other 10% enjoy those foods and drinks, but not the other way around. Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? I hope so. Take your health by the reigns and start appreciating yourself.


3. Movement


Are you going to workout every single day, 365 days a year? NO. That is not a realistic goal, unless you are some sort of superhuman or genuinely obsessed to an unhealthy degree with the gym, but to each their own. I am speaking from my perspective, which means I don't work out every single day. On average it is 4-6 days a week. I encourage you to get some sort of movement in at least 3 but we are over achievers here so I know you can do at least 4. Movement inspires mood. When you are able to push yourself, get your body moving, release that serotonin it has a direct effect on not only your physical health but also your mental.


This doesn't mean you have to go to the gym for hours on end. It simply means getting some sort of movement in, and science recommends for a minimum of 30 minutes. That can be going for a brisk walk, running, lifting, HIIT workouts, CrossFit, swimming, biking, the list goes on and on. But, find something you love to do and then do it! I love working out because it adds to my "me time."


Let's stop putting ourselves on the back burner and start doing things daily to pour into ourselves. You can't expect to fill someone else cup if yours is empty.


XOXO Kelse

4 views

© 2020 By Kelsee Zuidema. Proudly created by WIX.COM